Crunchy Quinoa Salad with Peas and Fresh Mint
Continuing with the ‘Quinoa as a Fashion Statement’ theme, I’ve added another one of my favourites – ‘Crunchy Quinoa Salad with Peas and Fresh Mint’ for you. This recipe is Mintox (Sorry, I couldn’t resist!) and has become one of my all time favourites. It’s super easy to make and is a mini hit of protein with the combination of quinoa, seeds and nuts- making it filling and super healthy. It’s 100% Deliciously Vegan and your body and conscience will thank you for it!
1 ½ cups red quinoa
2 ½ cups of Cambells Vegetable Stock *See note
1 ¼ cups of snap frozen peas
1/3 cup of fresh mint, chopped (I usually add about ½ cup as I love the taste in this salad)
½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, chopped
¼ cucumber, chopped
1/3 cup mixed raw pepitas, sunflower seeds and chopped almonds
1. Place the red quinoa and vegetable stock in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Cover the ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
3. Meanwhile lightly steam the peas and allow them to cool.
4. Similarly, place the cooked quinoa in a heatproof bowl and allow it to cool (as we don’t want the fresh mint to wilt!).
5. Add the peas and fresh mint to the quinoa and stir to combine.
6. Sprinkle the salad with the raw seeds and nuts and serve immediately.
*Note: Cambells Liquid Vegetable Stock is free from added preservatives and artificial colourings/ flavourings.